Acrylics nails are expensive and require much time. The nails are getting expensive each day and therefore doing them at home might be cheaper for you. Some freedom comes with doing the nails at home because you can do any style and change it whenever you want to.
Sometimes nail professionals at the parlor are busy and might force you to go for what you don’t like. However, the case is different at home.
Also, you no longer have to make appointments or leave your home, which is quite convenient and time-saving. Let us look at the requirements for doing acrylics at home.
Requirements for Doing Acrylics nail at Home
- Nail glue
- Nail tips of your preferred colors
- Cuticle remover
- Acrylic nail brush
- Some oil for cuticles
- Manicure brush
- Nail files
- Top and base coat
- Nail dehydrator
- Acrylic liquid (Choose the one which has the medium speed to save your time)
- Acrylic powder
- A dampening dish
- Cotton wool
How To Do Acrylic Nails At Home
After purchasing the materials mentioned above, you are all set to do your nails. You don’t need any professional experience to pull a statement with your nails. Here are the steps to follow and have your nails all done and glamorous.
Read also: Acrylic Toenails
Step 1. Nail Preparation
Step one is about nail preparation, and here are some of the things involved.
- Trim your natural nails but don’t overdo them.
- Push the nails’ cuticles with a buffer or cuticle remover. Be gentle on your nail bed and remove all the cuticles. Be careful to remove all the dust because your acrylic will not hold to your nail bed if you don’t.
- Swipe a nail file from left to right to smoothen your nail bed.
- Use some acetone to remove the nail dust. You can also use your manicure brush.
- Pick your acrylic nail tips and place them on your fingers to get each finger’s proper size. Be careful not to mix them up because you don’t want confusion when you already have your nail glue. Trim each nail tip to fit the size of each nail.
- Apply the nail glue to the tips and gently press it on the right finger until you feel that it has adhered well. A pair of angled tweezers will be helpful in case you feel the nail is still raised.
- Shorten the nail tip using nail scissors to your preferred length.
- If you want a specific shape, you can file the nail tips to acquire it. However, you have to file them downwards so that they don’t pop off.
- Apply the nail dehydrator to the nail bed after ensuring there is no dust left after trimming the tip. Dust causes the dehydrator to dry slowly.
Step 2. Acrylic Application Process
- Pour some acrylic liquid into the dish
- Drop your acrylic brush into the liquid
- Swipe the brush to remove air bubbles and excess liquid.
- Create an acrylic ball by dipping the brush into the acrylic powder and stroking it towards you. Ensure you have tiny gold-like balls.
- Press the brush with the acrylic powder on a piece of cloth to drain excess acrylic liquid.
- Pick the acrylic ball and apply it to the nail top. Tilt the ball to ensure the acrylic is well spread and doesn’t flood the cuticles.
- Press the brush gently on your nails to ensure the acrylic is well sculpted and smoothen any bumps.
- If the acrylic doesn’t cover all your nails, you can repeat steps 2 and 7 to acquire the desired coverage.
Can One Use Pinching Tools If They Are Beginners?
A pinching tool is used to make the nails stronger and slender. You can use the pinching tool once you have confidence in doing acrylics by yourself.
How to Use the Pinching Tool
- Place the pinching tool on the nail while the acrylic is drying. If you want it to pinch less, ensure your nail is fixed beneath the device.
- Give it four minutes
- Tap your nail to take notice of any ting sound, and if you hear the sound remove the pinching tool.
- Once you are sure that the nails have dried, file them on the top and the edges to ensure they are smooth.
- Add a top coat to cover the acrylic.
Having the knowledge and skills of doing your nails at home is a worthy endeavour. Not all days we have time to go to the salon, and therefore the skill will come in handy on such days.
This is why it is crucial for you to have the skills of doing acrylics on your own. However, you must understand the advantages and disadvantages of acrylic nails before you start to DIY.
The above discussed are the requirements and knowledge of doing acrylics.