We all love to look good with our nails rocking all through. However, you can’t ignore the cost of having acrylic nails done and also the time involved.
If you have been having your nails done in a salon, the process might look easy to you. Did you think of doing your nails with acrylics? The truth is that the system is not simple and will require a little bit of patience.
This chapter shall guide you on how to do nails with acrylics.
How To Do Nails with Acrylics in Easy Way – Guide by Nail Specialist Erica
What You Need
Most of the things you need are readily available in beauty stores, and here is a list of the same.
- Acrylic powder
- Cuticle oil
- Pinching tool
- Nail buffing block
- Primer (Acid –free)
- Dampen dish
- Nail dehydrator
- Nail glue
- Lent free wipes
- Acrylic liquid
- Manicure brush
The Application Steps
Step 1. Nail Preparation
- Gently remove the cuticles on your nail bed using the cuticle pusher. Acrylics don’t stick on nails with cuticles.
- Swipe the nail buffing block from left to right to remove the nail shine. Ensure you do it on the whole nail bed.
- Dip the lint-free wipes in acetone and wipe the nail dust.
Step 2. Nail Tip Application
It’s an additional step, and you can skip it if you don’t like nail tips. Here is the application procedure for the nail tips.
- Select the nail tips that fit all your fingers and set them aside.
- Take the nail glue and apply it on the tip where the nail is going to join your nail bed.
- Place the nail tip with glue on your nail and press it gently and firmly for 15 seconds until you are convinced that it has stuck. You can use a pinching tool to hold the nail if you feel it’s not holding well.
- Shorten the nail tip to your desired length using a nail tip cutter.
- If there is a specific shape you want for your nails, you can file it down to the form you desire. However, it would help if you supported the nail top so that it doesn’t pop-off.
- Remove all the dust accumulated after filing the nail tip and then apply the dehydrator on the whole nail bed. You will notice your nails have turned whitish.
- Take the primer and apply it to the whole nail bed.
Step 3. Application Of Acrylics
- Take your dapper dish, pour some acetone into it, and then dip your acrylic brush in the acetone.
- Click the brush on the sides of the dish to remove excess acetone
- Dip the acrylic brush with acetone into acrylic powder and strike it in the powder facing you. Ensure some acrylic balls are formed as you continue with the striking.
- Once you have enough acrylic balls, proceed to apply them on the top of your nail. Ensure you tilt your nail as you do this to avoid flooding of the acrylics.
- Shape the acrylic by pressing the brush and moving the acrylics to ensure there are no bumps on your nail.
- You can add some decor or artistic touch to your nails to make them more gorgeous.
Acrylics are maintained by ensuring that you don’t put them under a lot of pressure. Avoid duties that might cause them to be lifted from the nail bed.
The best way to remove acrylics is to soak them in acetone for some minutes and then remove them gently.
Acrylics don’t damage your nails if you use the right products and apply them properly. If you also remove them gently, you will not face bad experience any nail damage.
No limit when it comes to other nail polishes. You can use any of them on acrylics.
Yes. You don’t need a lamp to have acrylics. You can dry the nails using an air-dry top coat.
Related: Acrylic Nails At Home Guide
Acrylics are magical in pulling a statement for your nails and general appearance. If you are a lover of long nails. The eye-catching sight of well-done acrylic nails doesn’t come without effort.
It takes some skills and time to acquire them. Before applying acrylic nails, it would be wise if you understand their pros and cons. You also need to know that they can cause damage if not properly fixed or removed.
The above guidelines are the best to follow when doing acrylic nails. Whether you are doing them on your nails or someone’s, they will all be helpful.